The Busan Independent Film Association(BIFA) has held the Busan Independent Film Festival since 2004, and it is preparing upcoming new film festival which is separated the Residence Film Production in Busan program and the UNESCO Busan Inter-City Film Festival. It will take place solely in Busan for 3weeks with a view to celebrating the fact that Busan achieved the title of ‘UNESCO Creative City of Film’, also it is expected to foster exchange and strong bonds among UCCN members. It is opened to all cities of UNESCO Creative City of Film, as well as 3 other film festivals overseas that are partnered with BIFA.
To elaborate on the festival, professional filmmakers from UNESCO Creative City of Film can participate in the Residence Film Production in Busan program which is beginning part of the festival starting on April 24th. During this residency program, participants will be divided into 2~4 teams, and teams are going to produce short films within 18days while staying in Busan with the support of BIFA, the host. It would be a noteworthy chance that professionals in UNESCO Creative City of Film and city itself can collaborate with others. Subsequently, the 1st UNESCO Busan Inter-City Film Festival will be held from May 12th to May 14th. There will be showing of films from UNESCO Creative City of Film, also films were made during the residency program will be screened at the 1st UNESCO Inter-City Film Festival’s Closing Ceremony.
In this entire program, BIFA calls for the UNESCO Creative City of Film members to submit applications of participants meeting the following instruction for the Residence Film Production in Busan program:
– UNESCO Creative City of Film members are welcomed to recommend a representative filmmaker of their city.
– Participants should be a professional filmmaker, including a director, a photographer, etc, whose film works are based on their city of origin.
-Participants will produce films in groups within 18days, and they will be supported; such as a film production budget, filming equipment and facilities.
– Participants will be offered a round trip flight ticket, insurance during their trip, room and board during the festival, but other additional expenses should be paid personally.
– According to the standard of selection, the final entry will be set after examining by BIFA.
– The completed application form need to be submitted to [email protected]
– Applicants may download the application form at the LINK below.
Extended deadline for the submission of applications: 15th February 2017.
APPLICATION FORM DOWNLOAD